Last night the Board of Education voted 5-0 to approve $1.375 million dollars in academic and equipment upgrades for the district!
Areas that were addressed:
- STEM is coming to your elementary!
- Upgrades to the Cosmetology and Restaurant Management programs
- Additional equipment for the Heavy Equipment program
- PAES Labs with teaching life skills to be implemented
- 2 new simulators featuring Crane Operation, Backhoe, and Heavy Material Loader
- Manufacturing featuring Industry 4.0 which has electronics, robotics mechatronics, CNC machines, and more in it!
- Professional Development for our staff to help implement these exciting new ideas!
- River High School will implement new electives along with a FAB LAB
- Sophomore Academy to be featured at Swiss Hills
- Through an application process 20-25 students will receive an opportunity to engage various programs before choosing their pathway for their Junior year.